Established in 2007, HealthTecdl is a statewide distance learning program designed to support
health professionals and strengthen services provided by nonprofit health organizations in
Georgia. HealthTecdl utilizes health information technology in support of nonprofit health organizations that drive positive change in their communities, promote programs which improve health and health care for Georgia residents, and connect people, programs, and resources across our state.
Visit www.healthtecdl.org for upcoming and archived programming.
The goals of the distance learning program are to:
- Promote capacity building among nonprofit health organizations
- Strengthen Georgia’s health professions workforce
- Foster collaboration among public and private nonprofit and for profit health organizations.
- Improve access to affordable high quality health and health care services
- Inform policy decisions and resource allocations.
HealthTecdl is a collaborative effort that includes the provision of distance learning programs and services provided by the Georgia Statewide Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) Network, with regional centers located in:
- Albany (SOWEGA AHEC)
- Atlanta (SPCC Atlanta AHEC)
- Augusta (Statewide AHEC)
- Gainesville (Foothills AHEC)
- Columbus (Three Rivers AHEC)
- Rome (Blue Ridge AHEC)
- Statesboro (Magnolia Coastlands AHEC)
Additional project partners include:
- Avatar Communications (Marketing,communications and website services)
- TechBridge (Infrastructure and technical support)
- Program distance learning coordinator
Frequently Asked Questions
Why was HealthTecdl established?
The program was established to help high performing, high capacity health organizations and their workforce achieve better outcomes.
How is the program implemented?
Through the use of technology, HealthTecdl provides statewide access to an efficient and economical strategy for delivering technical assistance and training services.
Who is collaborating on the project?
HealthTecdl represents a collaborative partnership directed and funded by Healthcare Georgia Foundation that includes the Georgia Statewide Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) Network, TechBridge, and Avatar Communications.