Recipients will be announced on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at Connections 2016: Building a Healthier Georgia Through Community Partnerships.
Nomination Guidelines and Instructions
Throughout Georgia, all communities have extraordinary individuals and organizations that are committed to improving the quality of health and healthcare of those they serve. The hard work and dedication of these heroes makes a difference in the quality of life of all Georgians. Healthcare Georgia Foundation’s Joseph D. Greene Community Service Award honors these extraordinary individuals, nonprofit health organizations, and community collaboratives. By recognizing those who inspire and lift others up, we hope that Mr. Greene’s legacy of community service will continue through the work of others.
Nomination Guidelines and Instructions
Members of Georgia’s nonprofit health and healthcare community are invited to submit nominations for consideration. Organizations may nominate multiple candidates per category. Nominators are encouraged to submit candidates that represent the diversity of the communities they serve and consistently present themselves as role models and leaders. Previous recipients are not eligible. A list of previous recipients can be found here.
(All levels of volunteer participation are strongly encouraged):
- Health related volunteers including: clinics, community leaders, patients and health navigators
- Community volunteers who champion or exemplify attributes consistent with promoting healthy lifestyles within their communities to benefit the residents
- Community Health Workers, Promotores, and Resource Mothers
- Volunteer Nurses and other Healthcare Practitioners who volunteer their services
- Board members who go above and beyond the call of duty
- Nonprofit health organizations that exemplify collaborative approaches to improve the health and well-being of their community
The Nomination Process
Nominations must be submitted online, via direct mail, or by email. Click here to submit your nomination using this online form.
Nomination Forms are available for downlowd below, or by contacting the Foundation at 404-653-0990. Be sure to include the following information:
- Name, organization name(s), title (if applicable), address, telephone numbers and email address of both the nominator and nominee(s)
- Answers to all Award Criteria requirements
- Up to five pieces of supplemental information that illustrates the nominees’ contributions to the community (news articles, pictures, brochures, etc.). (Optional)
All nomination materials submitted will become the property of Healthcare Georgia Foundation and will not be returned.
Download Nomination Forms:
Award Selection Process
Nominations will be reviewed by an Award Selection Committee, a diverse group of Healthcare Georgia Foundation partners and grantees from various regions across the state. Award recipients will be required to submit a photograph, brief bio, be interviewed for a short video about their work in the community, sign a media release form, and attend the awards ceremony on March 29, 2016. Recipients will be notified by the Foundation in January 2016.
Deadline for Nominations: December 1, 2015
Award Recognition and Ceremony
Recipients will be honored during a special ceremony at the InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta during Connections 2016: Building a Healthier Georgia Through Community Partnerships, Healthcare Georgia Foundation’s Grantee and Partner Conference, on the evening of March 29, 2016.
Healthcare Georgia Foundation will make a $1,000 donation in the name of the recipient to a Georgia-based nonprofit health organization of their choice. Recipients will receive complimentary overnight accommodations during the evening of the ceremony.
Submit completed nominations and materials to:
Healthcare Georgia Foundation
Joseph D. Greene Community Service Award
191 Peachtree ST NE, Suite 2650
Atlanta, GA 30303
Completed nomination forms and attachments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org