Current Funding Opportunities
2021 Direct Services Grant Program
The purpose of the Foundation’s Direct Services Grant Program is to promote health and well-being and to prevent and manage chronic diseases (asthma, cardiovascular disease and diabetes) across the lifespan of all Georgians with attention to traditionally marginalized communities. The Direct Services program aligns with Foundation’s Promoting Health and Preventing Disease impact area. Online applications for this grantmaking program are due by March 15, 2021 by 3:00 PM EST.
Healthcare Georgia Foundation hosted a pre-application webinar on February 17, 2021 at 10 AM EST. The Foundation strongly encourages potential applicants to watch the recording of this webinar if they were unable to attend the live presentation. The webinar recording provides further details about the requirements for the Direct Services Grant Program, address applicant questions, and reviews the online application.
Please click the button below to watch the 2021 Direct Services Grant Program Pre-Application Webinar recording:
Evaluation Pre-Award On Demand Webinar:
The Foundation has a Direct Services Pre-Award Evaluation On Demand webinar available for applicants. The Foundation strongly encourages potential applicants to view this webinar. The on demand webinar covers how to develop a logic model and evaluation plan with SMART outcomes. This webinar is intended to simplify the evaluation process and to help strengthen your proposal.
- Notification of Funding Availability (NOFA) (PDF)
- Online Application Instructions (PDF)
- Sample Direct Services Project Timeline (XLS)
- Case Statement Examples (PDF)
- Direct Services Budget Template (XLS)
- Board & Staff Template (DOC)
- Funder List Template (XLS)
- Geographic Region Guide (PDF)
- Logic Model Template (DOC)
- Evaluation Plan Template (DOC)
- How to Prepare for Your Evaluation Coaching Call (PDF)
Applicants are also encouraged to view a series of three (3) Public Health Evidence into Action webinars on finding, adapting and evaluating effective practices. The Foundation commissioned the webinars from the Emory Prevention Research Center for the purpose of encouraging applicants and grantees to implement effective interventions. These webinars may also be helpful with adapting existing programs into more effective interventions.
- Public Health Evidence into Action Session 1 of 3: How to Find Health Initiatives that Work – http://bit.ly/2rF4Mba
- Public Health Evidence Into Action Session 2 of 3: Balancing the Evidence with Your Community Needs – http://bit.ly/2s0cDRr
- Public Health Evidence into Action Session 3 of 3: Implementing and Evaluating with Quality and Fidelity- http://bit.ly/2qbcGbu
The Foundation anticipates a high volume of competitive applications, so please carefully review all materials. The Foundation enthusiastically welcomes your participation in the Direct Services Grant Program. Please share this announcement with other nonprofit organizations that may be interested in submitting an application.
Foundation staff are working remotely, so the best way to communicate is via email. General questions about the application and/or budget can be addressed to Samantha Beasley, Program Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrea Young Kellum, Senior Program Officer, at email@example.com. Any questions about navigating the online application should be addressed to Javier Sanchez, Grants Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.