FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Rachael Dempsey
Healthcare Georgia Foundation Announces First Quarter 2022 Grant Recipients
The Grants Continue the Foundation’s Strategic Investments in Forward-Facing Organizations
Atlanta, GA – April 25, 2022 – Healthcare Georgia Foundation has announced three new grant awards totaling $350,000 in support of the Foundation’s funding impact area of Addressing Health Disparities.
“We are excited to continue our partnerships with Georgians For a Healthy Future, Latino Community Fund, and Voices for Georgia’s Children as they each continue to advocate on behalf of Georgia’s underserved populations,” commented Foundation President Dr. Gary Nelson.
Recipients of the Foundation’s most recent grant awards include:
- Georgians for a Healthy Future – $100,000
- Support to engage in policy and advocacy activities relative to passage of the Georgia Mental Health Parity Act (HB 1013), expansion of School-Based Mental Health/Substance use services and to strengthen the Georgia Public Health System.
- Latino Community Fund, Inc. – $150,000
- Support to develop and disseminate a Georgia Latinx Health Report
- Voices for Georgia’s Children – $100,000
- Support to identify policy opportunities/priorities that address behavioral/mental health workforce shortages challenges associated with service delivery to the children/youth population with particular emphasis on Georgia’s Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities.
About Healthcare Georgia Foundation
Healthcare Georgia Foundation is a statewide, charitable organization with a vision of health equity in Georgia where all people attain their fullest potential for health and well-being. Through strategic grantmaking, our mission is to enable, improve, and advance the health and well-being of all Georgians. For more information, visit healthcaregeorgia.org.