FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Rachael Dempsey
Healthcare Georgia Foundation Announces COVID-19 Safety Net Funding Recipients
The 22 Recipients Received Grants for General Unrestricted Operating Support
Atlanta, GA – May 28, 2020 – Healthcare Georgia Foundation has announced the statewide distribution of twenty-two grants for Georgia’s safety net providers in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The funding is intended to assist these providers with equitable relief and recovery as they continue to navigate the fallout of this global health crisis.
“Our state’s healthcare safety net providers go above and beyond every single day to ensure that vulnerable populations receive quality care,” said Foundation President Dr. Gary Nelson. “The pandemic has increased Georgia’s reliance upon these healthcare heroes, and it is the Foundation’s hope that our COVID-19 relief funding can provide a helping hand to these organizations during this difficult time.”
The group of twenty-two recipients is comprised of six Federally Qualified Health Centers, two Public Health Districts, seven Community Service Boards, and seven Free/Charitable Clinics located throughout Georgia. The full list includes:
- Albany Area Primary Health Care, Inc.
- Athens Neighborhood Health Center, Inc.
- Curtis V. Cooper Primary Health Care, Inc.
- East Georgia Healthcare Center, Inc.
- Whitefoord, Inc.
- Southside Medical Center, Inc.
- Richmond County Department of Public Health
- Houston County Health Department
- Clayton Center Community Service Board
- Albany Area Community Service Board (Aspire)
- View Point Health
- Community Service Board of East Central Georgia (Serenity Behavioral Health Systems)
- New Horizons Behavioral Health
- Gateway Community Service Board
- Middle Flint Behavioral Health Care
- MercyMed of Columbus
- Macon Volunteer Clinic
- Partnership Health Center
- Fayette C.A.R.E. Clinic, Inc.
- Community Helping Hands Clinic, Inc.
- The J.O.Y. Clinic
- Ser Familia, Inc.
About Healthcare Georgia Foundation
Healthcare Georgia Foundation is a statewide, charitable organization with a vision of health equity in Georgia where all people attain their fullest potential for health and well-being. Through strategic grantmaking, our mission is to enable, improve, and advance the health and well-being of all Georgians. For more information, visit healthcaregeorgia.org.